/********************************************************* END OF STYLE RULES *********************************************************/

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Continuation of my storage weblog from blogs.sun.com/kgibson

This is a continuation of a weblog I started while at Sun where I was writing about making storage more intelligent in order to solve today's data management problems. The key enabler required is a new interface to the storage letting it expose those intelligent features to the application servers.


My last posting was a year ago before I moved into a different job at Sun. I have now left Sun and want to continue evolving these ideas. I'm going to use this weblog as my personal notebook. Some posts will be semi-coherent essays and others will be just collections of notes as a read various papers. First, for continuity, I'm going to re-post a couple of relevant postings here.